Backups are done automatically for cloud customers.
If you want your own backup copy or are using the download version you can follow these steps:
1: Navigate to the Store Config Page
Store Config View
2: Select Backup Database
3: Follow the instructions on Backup Overview. NOTE: It is highly recommend to use option 1 unless it gives you a failure.
Schedule Automatic Backups
If you installed with Windows 10 Installer:
- Make the following "backup.bat" file and place it on your desktop or someplace you can find later.
C:\PHPPOS\mysql\bin\mysqldump.exe -u bn_phppos -pPASSWORDNOSPACES bitnami_phppos > C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\backup.sql
you can edit the last part of this file to the location you want the backup to be outputted. for this example we used "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\backup.sql"
Replace the Password
In the .bat file replace -pPASSWORDNOSPACES
with the password found in "c:/phppos/apps/phppos/htdocs/application/config/database.php"
for the below example:
it would be
- Search for "Task Scheduler"
- Open "Task Schedule" desktop app
- under "actions" click "create basic task"
under "actions" click "create basic task"
- Label the task and click next
- Enter the frequency you want the backup run and click next
- Enter the time of day and click next
- Select Start a program and click next
- Find the .Bat file we created in step 1 and click next
- Backups will now run! you can now view this scheduled task and modify it from the task scheduler.
Article is closed for comments.