Starting in version 17.5 of php point of sale we have added a feature of modifiers.
Modifiers allow you to setup items to have attributes modify the selling and cost price. A common example of modifiers is pizza toppings. A pizza would have a modifier of toppings and modifier items such as mushrooms, extra cheese, pepperoni, and meatball. These modifiers can have an option cost and selling price to change the price on the fly when you sell an item with modifiers.
To set up modifiers perform the following
- Login to php point of sale and click items
- On the items screen choose the "..." button on the right and choose "Manage modifiers"
- On this screen, you can add, update, and delete modifiers
- To assign modifiers to be available to an item, you can edit the item and choose the modifiers in the variations tab of an item (or the info tab of an item kit)
- To assign modifier items during a sale you would add the item and then choose edit modifiers for the item during the sale